John Dent OAM and Darren Watton: The Kings Meadows Road Station
The Kings Meadows Road Station was built by the VDL Government from August 1836 to house convicts building the Evandale to Launceston water scheme and Hobart Road.
It was abandoned about 2 and a half years later. Its location since then has been a mystery despite a plan being prepared in 1838. The lecture will outline the hunt to rediscover its location and the archaeological dig that recently took place to uncover its secrets.